At Winchendon学校, college counseling takes a different approach, 因为"进入"只是个开始.
We work with students to find the college or university where students will succeed best for their entire experience. 因为网赌软件排行榜有个性化的方法, we work with students for two years on understanding what type of school will best fit their needs—their style, 他们的目标, 他们的动机, 和自己的长处.
Then we help identify the best mutual match: we’ll guide your student to the school your student wants, 以及需要他们的学校. 例如, it might be a large school where they’re going to play D1 sports, 或者是有特殊艺术项目的小型学校, 主修或职前课程. Our goal is to find the place your student will flourish in the same way they do here.
Just like everything we do, the college counseling experience is individualized. 例如, we begin our conversations with students upon enrollment to help them set personalized goals and benefit from two or more years of:
- Individualized coaching throughout the application process
- SAT, ACT和托福准备
- Exposure to 250+ colleges/universities through on-campus mini college fairs
- 大学咨询主任, 安东尼•兰伯特 leads an office of experienced college counselors.
The 大学咨询 Program at Winchendon学校 assists each student in gaining admission to colleges where the student will thrive. 除了, 网赌软件排行榜提供了一个多步骤, individualized counseling program that extends throughout the high school years, with the most active time being the second half of the junior year and the senior (or PG) year.
学生们适应了高中生活, 这是评估学术实力的好时机, 个人利益, 和环境的偏好.
- We ask students to think about the following questions:
- 与他们的老师密切配合, students are evaluated and equipped to excel to the best of their abilities in the classroom, 哪些是他们的最佳学习轨迹.
- Additionally, we encourage students to pursue activities that express their 个人利益.
Students are enrolled in appropriately challenging classes and supported to do their very best.
- We focus on building effective study skills and adapting to learning styles.
- We encourage involvement in co-curricular activities corresponding with particular strengths and/or interests.
- 通过研究和/或工作实习, students begin to explore professions that might interest them.
- Sophomores take the PSAT for the first time (results are not disclosed) and lay a foundation for SAT/ACT preparation.
Students are focused on maintaining good grades throughout this year of a challenging, 门大学预科课程.
- We place more emphasis on co-curricular activities and opportunities for leadership or special recognition.
- We begin individual meetings with juniors in the winter when they begin working with Naviance, 网赌软件排行榜的大学咨询软件系统.
- 在春天, each junior will spend at least one free period each week working with 大学咨询 to identify colleges to research and visit over the summer.
- Students for whom English is not the first language need to take the TOEFL before the end of the junior year.
Students use the summer for college applications: researching and visiting colleges, 写大学论文, 准备大学入学考试.
当然，高三是学生们最忙的时候! During the first semester (until they have completed the process as stipulated by the Director of 大学咨询), Seniors and PG’s will spend at least one free period each week working with 大学咨询 to guide each step of the process.
个人情况，比如体育运动, 奖学金, and/or research interests for example – will add variations to this general outline:
- Complete and submit applications to colleges by November 1
- Decide what institution they will attend and finish necessary paperwork by early spring.